PG Weekly update 1.5

Thought I’d sneak another update in before the weekend’s over with. For once I’ve managed to get some actual coding time in, despite a spot of drama yesterday where my router decided it was time to die. Wouldn’t have been as much of a problem, but for some stupid reason the frontend code was using an online copy of jQuery so I couldn’t do a damn thing until I could get hold of Karoo tech support to check the account password I haven’t had to remember since sometime in 2005.

Still, that out of the way I’ve managed to get a good few hours in over the weekend, which I mostly spent on refactoring - the existing code was a bit thrown together while I was still getting to grips with the App Engine framework and trying to keep track of how things worked was starting to slow me down.

Enough wittering on though - the main point of todays update was that I wanted to finally get a screenshot out there of what I’m working on. It’s not hugely exciting visually but at least it’s something to look at.

That’s how it looks right now - currently you can connect multiple players and they get to take turns rolling the die and moving around the board. Now that I’ve got a bit neater codebase to work with I be able to should start adding features a bit more rapidly.